Please follow the below strict rules for a perfect and hassle free wedding:
-You are solely responsible to read and follow the instructions and timelines as given below. Failure to follow all the below Greek government's legal requirements, will result to not be able to have a legal wedding but you can always switch to a Symbolic wedding.
-Please remember... these requirements are from the Greek government and not by me, therefore they might change so you have to contact me 3 months before the wedding to ask me if there is any change.
Documentation required for citizens of New Zealand
- Copy of passport for both the bride and the groom. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required.
- You have to be 18 years and older to get married.
- Birth certificate for both the bride and the groom. The document has to be the long form that also mentions the parents names. Also, it has to be typed end not handwritten. In case a typed version of this document is not an option, you must type the information that is handwritten on your birth certificate, in a simple paper and send it along with the original birth certificate so the registrant can use it as a guide if he/she has trouble reading it.
- Certificate that there is No Impediment to Marry, for both the bride and groom, not older than 3 months of the date of your wedding.
- Divorce or Death certificates if any.
- Adoption certificates if any.
-Change of name certificate if any with apostile stamp
- All the above documents, need to be translate via the Greek Embassy of your area OR via our agency. No other source is acceptable.
- All the above documents, need to have apostle stamps on each of them. The apostle stamp serve the purpose of authenticating your document for use abroad. Each English documents needs its own stamp. You can obtain these stamps from:
Ministry of Justice
Tahu o te Ture
The Vogel Centre
16 Kate Sheppard Place
P.O. Box 180
tel.: +64 (4) 494 9741
fax: +64 (4) 494 9854
- You have to be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If that is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact me to send you via email a sample of that document.
- I need the wedding documents 1 month before the wedding in my hands. Please email me copies of them when ready, to make sure nothing is missing. Please do not post them before I approve them.
-All your documents will remain in Greece forever, therefore if you wish to keep your originals, please apply for new certified copies to provide us.
- Last but not least, your documents cannot be older than 3 months from your wedding date.